- 2 bunches swiss chard, washed and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 19 oz can chickpeas
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the swiss chard and blanch for 3 minutes. Drain
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat the olive oil and saute the onion, garlic and chili flakes.
- Add the blanched chard to the pan and toss.
- Add the chickpeas, diced tomatoes, water, salt and basil. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy on its own, as a side dish or as a sauce with your favourite pasta.